[mythtv-users] HD-PVR recordings oversaturated

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Tue Aug 30 00:48:47 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 8:44 PM, Yeechang Lee <ylee at pobox.com> wrote:
> Jerry Rubinow <jerrymr at gmail.com> says:
>> I sent an email to Hauppauge support over the weekend asking if I
>> could get a previous version of the firmware, but haven't heard back
>> yet.
>
> You didn't keep the old install files?
>
> In any case, the better choice would be to have the Hauppauge
> developers restore the previous behavior. Hopefully it can be reversed
> without also undoing the following from the changelog:
>
> * Brightness, contrast, Hue and Saturation can now be set in Arcsoft
>  TME (Procamp controls)

Bear in mind the Linux driver is reverse engineered - Hauppauge can
change the underlying i2c messages at will and are only responsible
for keeping their Windows driver code in sync.

That said, I'll ask around and see if anybody knows what needs to change...

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com