[mythtv-users] HD-PVR recordings oversaturated

Tom Lichti redpepperracing at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 15:34:55 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 11:26 AM, Jerry Rubinow <jerrymr at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 8:43 AM, Andrew Stadt <acstadt at stadt.ca> wrote:
>> > -Jerry
>> >
>> An ugly gludge I used once for a PVR150 with audio issues simply
>> involved spawning another script from inside the channel change script.
>> The 2nd script would sleep for a couple secs, while myth did its post
>> channel change processing, then reset the audio channel via v4l2-ctl.
>> Might work here, YMMV.
>
> That's an excellent kludge, thanks for the idea.  I'll try that out tonight
> and hopefully that'll last until I'm able to find older firmware or
> otherwise figure out why this started happening.
> Janne, Jarod, or anyone who's familiar with the driver, any ideas?  Is there
> a potential kernel incompatibility with the firmware?  I wanted to save
> doing a full system update as a last resort since things are otherwise
> pretty stable.
> -Jerry

I am using a similar kludge for my PVR-x50 cards, but I am using the
System Events mechanism, so when a 'Recording Start' event occurs, I
fire off a script to normalize the volume on the PVR cards.

I might have the actual names wrong, but that's basically what I did.
I can get better details later when I am home, if needed.

Tom