[mythtv-users] Network affecting standalone mbe/fe?

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Mon Aug 29 02:57:41 UTC 2011

> Interesting thought. Evidently I'm connecting via static IP.
> A quick test, unplugging the LAN, confirms your theory. Connection lost.
> Plug it back in, back to normal.

Are you sure that its not getting an IP address from the DSL modem?
Unplugging for a short time may not be enough time for the lease to expire
which could be the case when the network dies preventing the Myth box from
getting a new (or refreshing the old) address.

You will only be using a static IP address if you specifically configured
it that way - it won't have happened by accident :)

--
Robin Gilks