[mythtv-users] Finder Key Binding & mce remote issue.

john rwc at bestpond.com
Fri Aug 26 00:31:51 UTC 2011

Firstly I am using MythTV 0.24 binaries from Packman repo on Opensuse 11.4 with updates to
kernel -3.0.3-41-desktop, and lirc -0.9.0-1.2.x86_64.  I have 3 PC's running MythTV.

The main frontend  (also a slave B/E) was setup with a mceusb remote from hauppage.
Following changes to add mceusb to the kernel, I have now setup the remote to work with
devinput & kernel mceusb. In conjunction with this I have a  Logitech Harmony 525 remote,
which is the remote I want to use.

Basically most commands & keybindings are working on either remote with the exception of
"Finder".

I can use my keyboard 'shift # ' and up pops Finder.

If I press Finder which I set up as an additional key on the harmony remote screen nothing
happens!  I have checked and rechecked lircrc to see if there maybe some misaligned
character or spelling issue and maybe I can't see the wood for the trees, but I can see
nothing astray. ( That is not to say I haven't missed the blindingly obvious).

If I run irw and press the remote 'Finder' it displays the lircrc info
......'KEY_NUMERIC_POUND'  devinput

if I run evtest /dev/input/event7 it displays info on the code (in this case 521 but no
key name only(?), however I note the the numbers do the same and they seem to work.

Should the keybinding in myth i.e. # be able to function via remote, or do I need to
change the keybinding and use a modifier key like Alt+# or Ctrl+# or Shift+#  ?

Any advice would be appreciated.

--
_
John