[mythtv-users] First Impressions: Hauppauge WinTV-DCR-2650

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 23:15:18 UTC 2011

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 4:12 PM, James <virtue at rocketmonkeys.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 5:39 PM, Robert McNamara
> <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
>> You can set it up as an HDHomeRun and use it as a clearQAM tuner.
>> Just remember when you put in a cablecard to change "Max recordings"
>> on each tuner to 1.  Cablecard tuners can't do multirec.
>
> Wait, does this include ClearQAM?  I thought they omitted that from
> the HDHomeRun Prime & this Hauppauge for some reason.  I'll check it
> out - that would be *amazing* if I could get at least some video
> recording while I wait for the cablecard.

You just set it up as a regular HDHomeRun.  I can't speak specifically
to the Hauppauge device, but the HDHR Prime is a 3x ClearQAM tuner
without a cablecard.  So for now, you'd just scan as normal.  When you
get your CableCard, see my posting from a couple of days ago regarding
how to set up your channels properly (when in CableCard mode, you need
to fetch channels from listings source rather than scan).

Robert