[mythtv-users] Problem deleting recordings with find_orphans.py NameError: global name 'NoneType' is not defined

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Thu Aug 25 20:47:19 UTC 2011

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 16:18:23 -0400, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org>
wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com>
> wrote:
>> This is an unavoidable but otherwise benign race condition.
>
> To me, it looks like a bug in the python bindings.
>
> This thread:
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/python/python/656839
>
> implies that doing "except NoneType" is just broken python.  I'm not
> experienced enough in python to judge.

Yeah, not entirely sure what I was thinking with that as the exception
type.  However that just allows the program to fault back to the option
menu and refresh its list, rather than completely terminate.  I wouldn't
explain why those database entries marked as orphaned aren't getting
deleted by the backend.