[mythtv-users] Power search record exclude shows

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 17:06:29 UTC 2011

On 08/25/2011 01:20 AM, jedi wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 05:39:22PM +0100, Nick Morrott wrote:
>>> Thanks.  Works perfect.  Seems easier to exclude then trying to keep
>>> up with latest broadcasts.
>> At some point in the future I may well look at the feasibility of
>> adding a "Never record this title" option, which would make power
>      I have something like this. Removes stuff from the recording list
> based on the contents of a tablet that contains program titles. It's
> very handy for "genre" type wishlist rules.

If the list of shows to be excluded is getting a bit too long (for
example a power search record rule matching movies on multiple channels
and you don't want to record movies you already have on DVD), then you
can add something like

AND NOT lower(program.title) IN (SELECT lower(title) FROM theDVDsIvegot)

Then you just create a table called theDVDsIvegot within mythconverg
with a title column, and add all of your DVD titles to it.

Might slow the scheduler down though, so I don't actually do it this
way. My movie power search rule actually looks at program.category as
one of its matching criteria, and I change the category of all upcoming
showings of movies that I have on DVD to some value that the power rule
won't trigger on. I do this as part of the daily script that grabs xmltv
metadata.