[mythtv-users] Power search record exclude shows

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 16:39:22 UTC 2011

On 24 August 2011 12:25, Brent Bolin <brent.bolin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 8:40 PM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 9:18 PM, Brent Bolin <brent.bolin at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hello All,
>>> I have a power search to record all HDTV in category sitcom.  Is there
>>> a way to exclude some shows I don't want to record?
>>
>> Sure, you just need alter the search criteria to exclude shows by
>> title (or whatever criteria you want to use). So for example, if your
>> criteria is something like
>>
>> programgenres.genre = 'Sitcom'
>>
>> then you just need to add
>>
>> AND NOT program.title IN ('Show 1', 'Show 2', 'Show 3')

> Thanks.  Works perfect.  Seems easier to exclude then trying to keep
> up with latest broadcasts.

At some point in the future I may well look at the feasibility of
adding a "Never record this title" option, which would make power
rules a lot easier to maintain and reduce a lot of the manual updating
or scheduling overrides that are currently necessary when such rules
catch many different programme titles.

Since starting with MythTV in 2004 I've found myself using custom
rules more and more, and this seems like it would make many lives
easier.

Cheers,
Nick

--