[mythtv-users] Best way to integrate a Netflix feed into Myth ?

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Tue Aug 23 19:38:36 UTC 2011

On 8/23/2011 14:32, Eric Sharkey wrote:
> I'm sure those of us with longer memories remember that mythTV did
> have a plugin that was meant to allow interacting with low latency
> real time video feeds.  It was called mythPhone.

MythPhone only existed as a plugin, and as such only on the frontend.
It had its own video capture and compression library with vastly
different goals and code from the standard MythTV recording libraries.
No one is saying it's not possible, but merely that it is a far from
trivial amount of work to retool the standard libraries for such use,
especially considering stuff like analog capture from IVTV cards and
HDPVRs will have an additional, unavoidable, and significant latency
from the hardware itself.