[mythtv-users] Best way to integrate a Netflix feed into Myth ?

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Tue Aug 23 17:49:56 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Linuxguy123" <linuxguy123 at gmail.com>

> On Mon, 2011-08-22 at 14:28 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> > Just like I wouldn't hook up a set-top-box BluRay player to MythTV
> > play a BluRay disc, it makes no sense to hook up a set-top-box
> > Netflix
> > player to play a Netflix stream.
>
> It just so happens that I am going to have a central BluRay player as
> well. We've got 5 tvs in our house. Why should I have 5 BluRay
> players ? Why not just have one and distribute the content via Myth ?

Well, I'm pretty sure the 1999 Diamond Rio MP3 format shifting case
covers ripping your DVDs for private one-at-a-time use, so I can't see
why you couldn't do *that* with your BDs as well, diskspace permitting.

Thought perhaps that's what you meant, "central BluRay player" notwithstanding.

Cheers,
-- jra