[mythtv-users] Video Distribution [was Best way to integrate a Netflix feed into Myth ?]

Brian Long briandlong at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 13:59:06 UTC 2011

I know a few people who use the Monoprice 4x4 Matrix HDMI switch (with
Cat5e/6 extenders) to distribute HD signals throughout their home.  An
example might be a game console (i.e. PS3, XBox 360) sitting in a
living room, but able to use it as a Netflix player on up to 3 other
TVs throughout the home.  This relies on two Cat5e/6 runs to each
room.  One person I know centrally locates his DVRs (one DVR per
person in the household), but each one is attached to the matrix
switch.  Each person can then watch their content on any of 4 TVs by
selecting the appropriate DVR+TV combination on the matrix switch.

The monoprice one is currently out of stock but this is what I know works:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10113&cs_id=1011301&p_id=8151&seq=1&format=2

/Brian/