[mythtv-users] Driving a PAL tv using Intel graphics

sonofzev at iinet.net.au sonofzev at iinet.net.au
Tue Aug 23 01:53:24 UTC 2011

On Tue Aug 23  8:08 , mlt at etruscott.co.uk sent:

>I have just updated my motherboard+cpu to a sandy bridge combo, which is
>nice and quiet and low powered.
>
>however, at present i still have a SD crt TV; at present i am using a
>cheapo vga to s-video dongle thing that is pretty rubbish.
>
>Does anyone know of a better way than this?  I have a vga and  dvi
>connector so is there a solution that could use either of those?  I had
>wondered about the apple dvi-s-video connector does this work for linux
>or is there a way of getting the graphics to drive a pal-tv directly?
>
>thanks
>
>Mlt

I used to use a discrete (Nvidia 5200 at the time) NIC with S-video out on the
card and a converter.. It was never really fantastic though but probably better
than the dongle you are using... If you look around you can probably find a
discrete NIC that does this, won't be as powerful as your Sandy bridge though.