[mythtv-users] Best way to integrate a Netflix feed into Myth ?

Charles Wright cpwright at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 18:55:13 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 2:32 PM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 2:28 PM, Michael T. Dean
> <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> > which give a list of several clients and recommends against using MythTV
> > for the purpose because MythTV is a Digital Video Recorder, and his
> > intent is not to record the content, anyway.
>
> Silly me, I thought MythTV was a serious attempt to take the "myth"
> out of the Myth of Convergence.
>
> Eric
When I had a beefy enough front-end (now I am using an Ion), I found
that VMware player with a Windows VM inside produced a pretty
convenient experience.  I could start the VM from my a MythTV menu
item, and I had it configured to open the Netflix Watch Now browser in
full screen mode on startup.  I did need to use a mouse to control the
VM, but I found it to be a quite workable solution.

It isn't truly converged, but it was good enough for me.

Charles