[mythtv-users] Best way to integrate a Netflix feed into Myth ?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Aug 22 18:28:04 UTC 2011

On 08/22/2011 02:16 PM, Jay Ashworth wrote:
> In any event, his inquiry could *also* be legally interpreted as "what
> sort of player could I integrate with the Front Ends I already have connected
> to TVs, so that I can play my rented NetFlix movies on one of those pieces
> of hardware at a time".

Asked and answered:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/489559#489559
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/489560#489560

which give a list of several clients and recommends against using MythTV
for the purpose because MythTV is a Digital Video Recorder, and his
intent is not to record the content, anyway.

Just like I wouldn't hook up a set-top-box BluRay player to MythTV to
play a BluRay disc, it makes no sense to hook up a set-top-box Netflix
player to play a Netflix stream.

Mike