[mythtv-users] Interesting Problem - Can't have third PCI Card - USB Suggestions?

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sat Aug 20 13:13:12 UTC 2011

On 20/08/11 13:10, Kris B. wrote:

> Well, that might be the best option if I run into problems.  I actually
> have a PCI ethernet card floating around here (or at the worst I buy a
> USB one).  I can hook it into the network, and if there is a problem,
> throw the card in the computer and setup a new network.  I assume I just
> have to run a DHCP server, correct?

Yep, I'd forgotten that point, but you can screw the configuration down so that
it doesn't tamper with anything else. The overhead will be almost nothing at
all. And, because it's essentially a point-to-point network, you won't have to
get your head around bridging or any of that complexity. HDHR <--> MBE and that
is all.

--

Mike Perkins