[mythtv-users] Interesting Problem - Can't have third PCI Card - USB Suggestions?

Kris B. krisbee at krisbee.com
Fri Aug 19 23:56:54 UTC 2011

I have an Nforce 3a motherboard that I use for my mythbackend.  I have
upgraded the system with a new 2tb sata HD (jumpered to 1.5 as that is
all the motherboard supports).

I also treated myself to a third ATI HDTV Wonder - however, when I add a
third card, the system freezes up when I try to boot.  I tried swapping
ports, etc. to no avail.

So, I think I am stuck and I will be limited to 2 PCI Tuners - however,
I imagine I could add a USB stick for a third tuner... any suggestions
for a cheap one that works?  I am using Mandriva 2010.2, kernel
2.6.33.7-server-2mnb

I figured it would be nice to add a third card, but I don't really want
to buy an HD Homerun and have all of that network traffic (my dsl router
is 10/100, I believe)...  Also, keeping the costs down is important :)

--
  Kris B.
  krisbee at krisbee.com