[mythtv-users] Long time Mythwelcome bugs?

Douglas Mackay douglas.mackay at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 21:29:13 UTC 2011

On 18 August 2011 21:15, Neil Cooper <neilcoo at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm not so sure that there actually is any way for software to determine how the machine got to be powered up, which is why I suggested using "time to start up before recording".
> Its not as perfect as knowing for sure the actual cause, but its much better than using an arbitrary 15 minutes.

Yes, I agree. Using the mythbackend 'Startup before rec. (secs)' for
the detection window to determine how the system was started makes
sense.

Similarly 'Max. wait for recording (min)' should be used in
'mythshutdown --status' & 'mythshutdown --shutdown'. At the moment if
'Max. wait for recording (min)' is less than 15 and we're within the
window the backend will start the shutdown process but mythshutdown
will block it.

It would be best to create a ticket and see what the devs say.