[mythtv-users] mkvmerge usage

Alex Tomlins alex at tomlins.org.uk
Thu Aug 18 07:04:03 UTC 2011

On 18/08/11 06:13, scram69 wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 10:26 PM, Kevin Ross<kevin at familyross.net>  wrote:
>> On 08/16/2011 09:20 PM, scram69 wrote:
>>> Forgive me if this has been previously addressed, but I searched the
>>> list and wiki and couldn't find it...

>>> mkvmerge -o fullmovie.mkv part1.mkv part2.mkv
>>> should make a single .mkv file called fullmovie.mkv that concatenates
>>> part1 and part2.
>>>
>>> The resulting file seems to be the right size and time duration.
>>> However when I attempt to play the result with the internal player, it
>>> gets to the point in fullmovie.mkv where file1 ends, and the player
>>> exits.  Attempting to skip forward from near the end of file1 into the
>>> beginning of file two also causes the player to exit.
>>>
>>> Are there particular flags I need to set with the command in order to
>>> get mkvmerge to do what I want?
>>>
>>> Thanks-
>>> Steve
>> I think what you want is:
>>
>> mkvmerge -o fullmovie.mkv part1.mkv + part2.mkvra
>>
>> Hope this helps!
>> -- Kevin
>>
> OK - I think I now understand the difference between "appending" and
> "adding" - thanks!
> However, I'm now getting errors about track parameters not matching,
> even though for each file track 1 is MPEG-4 part 10, and track 2 is
> AAC audio...
>
> Guess I'll have to do a bit more googling...
Are both source files exactly the same resolution?  The need to be for
append to work.  I've hit this before when using Handbreak with the
auto-crop option, and ending up with files that were different
resolutions by something like 2 pixels.  I had to re-rip one of the
files setting the resolution manually.

Alex

--
Alex Tomlins
Email/Jabber: alex at tomlins.org.uk

There are two kinds of people in the world: those who finish what they started