[mythtv-users] Silly question about live tv and two tuners

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Wed Aug 17 17:49:11 UTC 2011

On 8/17/2011 13:35, Josu Lazkano wrote:
> 2011/8/17 Michael T. Dean<mtdean at thirdcontact.com>:
>> Remember,  the 3+1 or 4+1 approach is known as the "Break your system by
>> configuring MythTV to prefer Live TV over recordings," and it does break
>> it--even if you don't notice the consequences.  (But if you're going to
>> use it, please at least do it right--never 1+1; 2+1 is better; 3+1 or
>> 4+1 is preferred; and ensure you have sufficient physical tuners (3 or
>> more) to reduce the chance of lost recordings to a level you can tolerate)
> Hello, I had this problem too. So I decide to add 4 adapters (2 DVB-S2
> and 2 DVB-T), then I just configure 1 recording for each tuner and now
> I have no problem to LiveTV.

So we are to understand you NEVER intend to record anything with
MythTV?  If you ever record something and have back-to-back or
overlapping recordings on one multiplex, you are doing it wrong.  If you
never record anything, well then it could still be argued that you're
doing it wrong and you have no need or want for a PVR like MythTV.