[mythtv-users] Long time Mythwelcome bugs?

Douglas Mackay douglas.mackay at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 18:51:16 UTC 2011

On 15 August 2011 17:58, Thomas Boehm <mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net> wrote:
> Craig Huff wrote:
>
> I had it unchecked, but after reading Richard's and Douglas's postings I
> checked it because they said mythwelcome will know whether the PC was
> started manually or automatically.
>
> >From the wiki: "Automatic startup of the frontend. If the system has
> been started due to a scheduled recording the mythwelcome status page
> will be shown instead to allow the system to shut itself back down."
>
> Who is right here?
>

> If it should do what Richard and Douglas wrote, then there is a bug
> somewhere...

On a correctly configured system (i.e. mythtV is configured to
shutdown itself when idle and has the correct settings in the
mythwelcome and mythbackend settings) then what the wiki states is
correct.

I have a combined FE/BE and it stays at the mythwelcome screen if it
starts for a recording. If I manually start the machine it will launch
the frontend.

Reference:
mythshutdown source -
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/v0.23.1/mythtv/programs/mythshutdown/main.cpp
Lines 582 - 583 MythshutdownWakeupTime value gets saved to database
when mythshutdown --shutdown is called (this will either be the next
defined wakeup period or value set by mythshutdown --setwakeup)
Lines 692 - 729. mythshutdown --startup checks the
MythshutdownWakeupTime is the dabase and if within 15 mins of the time
return that it's an automatic startup

mythwelcome source -
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/v0.23.1/mythtv/programs/mythwelcome/welcomedialog.cpp
Lines 123 - 142 checks result of mythshutdown --startup to determine
if it should auto start frontend

(this is based on the 0.23.1 source but it works fine in 0.24 as well)

--
Doug