[mythtv-users] Adding 1 capture card creates 2 in the database?

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Aug 15 06:57:40 UTC 2011

On 8/15/2011 02:22, Jason Long wrote:

> On 8/14/11 10:36 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
>> On 8/15/2011 00:16, Jason Long wrote:
>>> |      1 | 192.168.1.31-0 | HDHOMERUN | MPEG2TS      | mythtv   |
>>
>> Is there any reason you're using the IP address rather than the
>> device ID?
>
> Not particularly (but it's a static IP). Any advantage to using the
> device ID? I guess I could re-IP the tuner and not screw up myth?

Device ID just seems to be Silicon Dust's preferred method of accessing
the HDHomeRun.  Until a few months ago, there was an upstream bug in the
libraries that prevented access to the second tuner when using the IP
address.  Note that in order for use of the Device ID to work, both the
HDHomeRun and the backend must be on the same logical subnet with the
same broadcast address.