[mythtv-users] Long time Mythwelcome bugs?

Douglas Mackay douglas.mackay at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 21:05:17 UTC 2011

On 14 August 2011 19:06, Neil Cooper <neilcoo at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Ahh No I'm not using mythshutdown...  mythshutdown doesn't set the RTC bios so I call my own script that does it.
>
> So you're saying the only way mythwelcome can know if it is being woken to do a recording is if mythtv was shutdown using mythshutdown? That's not at all clear from the documentation in the wiki.

mythshutdown --setwakeup is what sets the next wakeup time in the
database table. Mythwelcome will then check the value on next start-up
and determine if it's a scheduled or manual start-up.

In the ACPI wakeup wiki (Mythwelcome users in section 5.2) I've
detailed the MythWelcome/MythShutdown settings and how these are used
during the shutdown procedure.