[mythtv-users] HowTo clear oldrecorded table?

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sun Aug 14 18:37:57 UTC 2011

On 8/14/2011 13:55, Neil Cooper wrote:
> Isn't this the table that is used to check whether you have already seen/deleted a show so as not to bother recording it again?
> If so, why would you ever want to empty it?

The first thing checked for duplicate matching is programid, however
those are unique per guide data source, and some simply don't provide
them.  The second is going to be subtitle, description, or both,
depending on what the user selected.  Description will almost certainly
be different.  Subtitle may be different, and some sources may also
include things like the season and episode formatted into the subtitle.

As mentioned by the original post, his old duplicate matching record is
largely useless.