[mythtv-users] HowTo clear oldrecorded table?

David Engel david at istwok.net
Sun Aug 14 16:13:50 UTC 2011

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 11:47:05AM -0400, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 8/14/2011 11:22, Thomas Börkel wrote:
> > I have a new guide grabber and so the content of the oldrecorded table
> > is useless now. So I thought I could purge it.
>
> Don't bother because it's not harming anything?

Checking the oldrecorded table for duplicate recordings is usually the
biggest factor in slow scheduling times.  Consequently, periodically
tidying up the oldrecorded table can keep scheduling times from
continuously growing.  For example, for series that I'm current on and
have set my rules to not record repeats, I routinely go into
oldrecorded and delete all entries for those series.

Anyway, Thomas, you don't have to delete every program one at a time.
In the "Previously Recorded" screen, press enter on some program and
choose the "Remove all episodes for this title" option.  You'll still
need to do that for every title, though.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net