[mythtv-users] Silly question about live tv and two tuners

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sat Aug 13 18:54:16 UTC 2011

On 8/13/2011 14:32, Kris B. wrote
> I don't really want to have to explain this to people... so, is this
> normal behavior?

Yes.  Recordings and LiveTV simply use the first available tuner.
Should that tuner be a virtual tuner on an in-use digital tuner, you
will be limited to the same multiplex as is currently in use.

> Do I have to set tuner 2 to be my preference for live tv?

You cannot set a specific tuner as a preference for LiveTV.  You can
tell MythTV to 'avoid conflicts with recordings', in which case MythTV
will use the last available tuner rather than the first.