[mythtv-users] Silly question about live tv and two tuners

Kris B. krisbee at krisbee.com
Sat Aug 13 18:32:18 UTC 2011

I just added a second tuner to my myth setup... Tuner 1 is normally used
(no special rules), but if I record two different channels, well both
work.. No problem - everything is as it should be.

But, if I am recording something on Tuner 1 and I go to watch Live TV, I
can't change the channel (except to a multiplex)... I have to actually
tell myth to use tuner 2 with the next card button (which for some
reason wasn't quite setup in the keybinding on the front end)...

I don't really want to have to explain this to people... so, is this
normal behavior?  Do I have to set tuner 2 to be my preference for live
tv?

Just want to make sure I am not missing an obvious setting here..

I plan on adding a third card in the future, so basically I can make
Card #3 the default for Live TV...

Thanks in advance!
--
  Kris B.