[mythtv-users] LNB configuration for second DVB-S2

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Aug 12 11:08:53 UTC 2011

Josu Lazkano wrote:

>Thanks Simon, I just want to watch Digital+ channels:
>http://en.kingofsat.net/pack-digitalplusa.php
>
>This are the frequencies:
>
>10729.00	V
>10788.00	V
>10817.50	V
>10847.00	V
>10876.50	V
>10935.50	V
>10979.00	V
>11038.00	V
>11097.00	V
>11126.50	V
>11156.00	V
>11317.50	V
>11435.50	V
>11508.50	V
>11597.00	V
>11626.50	V
>11685.50	V
>11739.00	V
>11778.00	V
>11817.00	V
>
>All of them are on the same polarization.

Polarisation is only half the problem, they need to be in the same
band as well. I don't know enough abut sat to know if that's the
case, but they do all appear to be in the lower end of the band so
there's a good chance they are all available with the LNB set to low
band/vertcal.

>I need to configure both devices with same parameters? I have a DC
>blocker to put on the splitter, is this necessary?

Probably, but the control signals are AC as well.

If they are all in the same band/polarisation, then you should be
able to configure Myth by only configuring those channels. That way,
neither tuner will need to switch to the other band and/or
polarisation and it'll probably all work.

As a test for whether you have enough signal, it would be worth
trying with just one tuner connected through the splitter AND a 75
ohm terminator fitted to the other output to "soak up" the power that
would normally go to the other tuner.
If you can do that and still get a picture then it would look like
you have enough power and the splitter is passing the required
signals. If not, then either the splitter is blocking the control
signals or LNB power, or you don't have enough signal strength
(power).

--
Simon Hobson