[mythtv-users] An companion script for jamu.py

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Wed Aug 10 22:28:26 UTC 2011

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 22:33:58 +0100, Richard Morton
<richard.e.morton at gmail.com> wrote:
>> First, you could be transcoding your recordings to matroska, and
>> outputting them in the /incoming folder with that naming scheme.
 Should
>> that be the case, the simple solution is to just alter your transcoding
>> script to place them in their final location directly.  If you read
>> through
>> the Python bindings, there are actually mechanisms to relatively easily
>> insert a new entry in the database for that video, and populate it with
>> metadata from the selected metadata scripts.
>
> Well, this is what I do; rip on my laptop, copy to a fileshare, then
> transcode using the handbrake queue, check that each is correct then
> move the files. It would be great to have a script that detected
> finished files of the correct file extension and move to the correct
> location in the mythvideo file hierarchy.

Can't Handbrake be told to save the output directly to the desired
MythVideo folder and filename?  My point is that is something better
handled by whatever tool does the ripping/transcoding, than something
intended to scan your video directory for new content.