[mythtv-users] run script as root at startup

mythtv . mythtv at harley-jones.co.uk
Wed Aug 10 14:50:33 UTC 2011

>   The really tricky part these days is that some distros like Ubuntu have
> tried to dump init in general and are using alternatives like upstart. While
> init scripts had their problems, they were widely used and well (enough)
> understood.

I agree! I had no end of trouble with a FE where mythtv would start
before the wireless was connected. Ended up budging it with a delay in
the mythftontend script before switching to being wired into a
wireless bridge so I could shorten the delay as I couldn't control the
order of thongs starting up

Martin