[mythtv-users] got my Prime!

Don Lewis dl-mythtv at catspoiler.org
Wed Aug 10 06:21:33 UTC 2011


On  7 Aug, Robert McNamara wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 4:57 PM, Don Lewis <dl-mythtv at catspoiler.org> wrote:
>> On  1 Aug, Robert McNamara wrote:
>>
>>>
>>> And this is where I committed code to make the tuner number editable:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/7c2c249331e6abfd4dec17c48643f50c09d90653#mythtv/libs/libmythtv
>>
>> This only appears to work when the device is selected by its IP address
>> and not by its device ID.
>>
>> Has the bug been fixed where recording from multiple tuners breaks when
>> the device is specified by its IP address?  I ran into this bug when I
>> upgraded a while back and wasn't able to figure out what was going wrong
>> until someone mentioned this bug on the list.  Once I went into
>> mythtvsetup and changed the configuration to use the device ID,
>> recording started working properly again.
> 
> Yes, I fixed it and submitted to fix upstream, as the bug was in
> libhdhomerun.  It is fixed in both .24 and master.

Yesterday I scrounged up another 1 Gbit ethernet switch to replace 100
Mbit switch that I was using as a temporary replacement for the switch
that broke.  That gave me enough bandwidth to the backend to configure
the third tuner on each side of the Prime.

As a reminder, one side of my Prime is running in clear QAM mode and the
other side has a CableCard, which has been up and running since late
last week.

As mentioned in another thread, I was unable to grab an updated channel
list for the CableCard side of the Prime from Schedules Direct.
Apparently the code that updates the channel table thinks that the Prime
only operates in clear QAM mode and refuses to add any new channels that
it sees from the download.  At the suggestion of Ronald Frazier, I
swapped the input connection of the CableCard side of the Prime with the
input connection for my HD-PVR, updated the channel list on the HD-PVR
input connection page, and then swapped the input connections back. Then
I went into the channel editor and deleted the copy-once channels.

My Prime is now fully operational.  So far the heaviest load I've seen
is three recordings on the CableCard side and one on the clear QAM side.
So far I haven't seen any glitches or performance issues.



More information about the mythtv-users mailing list