[mythtv-users] Cant tune SBS and Nine in Melbourne, AU with Hauppauge HVR2200

Anthony Hill arhill at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 00:00:27 UTC 2011

Looks like shepherd works for me. (it took a while, so testing has been
brief)
It seems I've got my EPG, I can schedule stuff, and I've even got shiney new
channel icons.

 OK - to summarize, I have pretty much worked around the symptoms of this
problem with  :-

1) Manually adding transports

Go to myth-setup, channel editor, edit transports, add a new transport for
each channel, and rescan. Details for SBS and nine are :-

SBS
Freq: 536625000
Bandwidth: 7Mhz
Inversion: AUTO
Mod: QAM-64
LD Code: None
HD Code: 2/3
Trans Mode: 8k
Guard: 1/8
Hierachy: None

Channel 9 (go gem and 9)
Freq 191625000
BW 7Mhz
Inversion Auto
Modulation QAM-64
LP Coderate 3/4
HP Coderate 3/4
Trans 8K
Gaurd 1/16
Heirachy None

This gets me the channels - but I still cant change to them - I never get
full lock.

2) enabling quick tuning

OK, so now I can change to them but no EPG, so I dont know what I am
watching, and cannot easily schedule recordings.

3) install shepherd.

Wow. I expected a 100 lines of perl. This sucker has more dependancies than
myth ! Takes hours to run. In the end tho, it looks like I have my EPG.

Thanks to all.