[mythtv-users] Network Bridging my Ceton InfiniTV 4

Alex Tomlins alex at tomlins.org.uk
Tue Aug 9 19:42:31 UTC 2011

On 09/08/11 02:54, Tom Bongiorno wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 9:28 PM, Tom Bongiorno<two.bits.11 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> This actually worked for me:
>>
>> auto lo
>> iface lo inet loopback
>>
>> auto eth0
>> iface eth0 inet dhcp
>>         hwaddress ether 00:01:01:01:01:01
>>
>> auto br0
>> iface br0 inet dhcp
>>         bridge_ports eth0 ctn0
>>         bridge_fd 0
>>         bridge_stp off
>>
>> Do you see any potential problems.  The Ceton card does not seem to
>> support MAC address overrides, but my NIC does.  I assigned a MAC that
>> is extremely low.  Now I can do all my IP reservations in my router.
>>
>> -Tom
>>
> Nix that, it didn't work.  I couldn't get out of the box for some reason.
>
> -Tom

How about trying the following:

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet manual

auto br0
iface br0 inet dhcp
        bridge_ports eth0 ctn0
        bridge_fd 0
        bridge_stp off
        pre-up ifconfig eth0 hw ether 00:00:00:00:00:01

Btw, that came from a workaround to a completely unrelated bridging
problem with libvirt
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/lucid/+source/libvirt/+bug/579892).

Alex

--
Alex Tomlins
Email/Jabber: alex at tomlins.org.uk

There are two kinds of people in the world: those who finish what they started