[mythtv-users] remote control interface question

Dan Littlejohn dan.littlejohn at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 13:29:05 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 4:47 AM, Richard Morton
<richard.e.morton at gmail.com>wrote:

> I think the op is referring to the network control interface on port 6546

> Please excuse brevity and pistakes this email was composed on a mobile
> phone.
>
> Thanks and best regards,
>
> Richard

Yes, I am referring to the network control interface on port 6546.  Guess I
need to pay more attention to providing enough details when I request help.

host tmp # nc localhost 6546
MythFrontend Network Control
Type 'help' for usage information
------------------------------
---
# play file /tmp/video.iso
OK

When you issue this command the frontend changes to the main screen.  Is
this the expected behavior?  I am calling an external script in mythvideo
when playing a video and would like it to stay in the screen where I
selected the video instead of changing to the main screen.

I am using a recent version of 0.25 git on Gentoo.

Thanks;
Dan