[mythtv-users] LiveTV program change randomly freezes frontend

Lee Parmeter lee at linxos.com
Mon Aug 8 18:09:46 UTC 2011

On 08/08/2011 07:36 AM, Juha-Matti Heikkala wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have starting to notice frontend freezing during livetv program
> changes. Recordings etc play just fine. Same hw has been working fine
> up to few weeks ago.
> ArchLinux 2.6.39 kernel, mysql 5.5, myth 0.24-fixes, BE / FE in same
> machine. Frontend just goes black and needs to be killed. Does someone
> have any clue from http://sulx.dy.fi/frontend-crash.log ?

I saw this problem over the weekend after installing Ubuntu 11.04 backend.
In my case it occurred with analog tuners. I found that increasing the
analog signal & tuning timeouts seemed to resolve this for me.
I increased the signal timeouts from 3000ms to 6000ms.
Tuning timeouts from 500ms to 1000ms.

--
Lee Parmeter
http://www.linXos.com

"When it comes to Vista: just say NO! If you're not ready for Linux, buy a
MAC!" - Lee Parmeter
"God is not a republican or a democrat nor is His government a democracy!"
- Lee Parmeter