[mythtv-users] Cant tune SBS and Nine in Melbourne, AU with Hauppauge HVR2200

Anthony Hill arhill at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 06:37:49 UTC 2011

..got sick of my growing collection of slightly crap usb tuners and got me a
PCIe Hauppauge HVR2200 the other day.

Once I got the modules.conf (options saa7164 card=6) and firmware
(dvb-fe-tda10048-1.0.fw, NXP7164-2010-03-10.1.fw) in place
it seemed to be working fine.

I did a channel scan, setup the video sources, and it seemed all good -
channels changed fast, signal level was good - and picture looked fine.

Except no SBS (SBS ONE, TWO, 3, 4, and HD) or 9 (Go and GEM).

I found postings from lots of Aussies who seemed to be having similar
problems. (I suspect these stations changed something [added an extra
channel?] in the last few months)

There seemed to be 3 basic fixes.

(1) tzap.
    Install dvb-apps, run scan, create and import a channels.conf
(2) Edit Transports
    Go to myth-setup, channel editor, edit transports, add a new transport
for each channel, and rescan
(3) Delete something from the database and rescan.

..so tzap and transports didnt really work for me - they both find the new
channels when I rescan - but they dont work - I get nothing but a blank
screen when I change to them, the frontend becomes unresponsive for a while
(and sometimes crashes). I also get no EIT EPG for these channels.

I dont know specifically what the database trick is.

I'm running ubuntu 11.04 with :-

MythTV Version   : v0.24.1-60-gd525265
MythTV Branch    : fixes/0.24
Network Protocol : 63
Library API      : 0.24.20110505-1
QT Version       : 4.7.2

..please help - I love my new card - but this is a show-stopper.

Cheers.