[mythtv-users] MySQL related BE deadlocks - collective wisdom needed

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sun Aug 7 00:52:24 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-08-06 at 11:36 -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On 11-08-05 12:15 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> >
> > I posted a lightly-tested backport on
> > http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9704 .  You can download it at:
> >
> > http://code.mythtv.org/trac/raw-attachment/ticket/9704/mythtv-0.24-backport_reconnect_fixes.patch
>
> Yeah, this is definitely not helping.  Even with this patch applied I am
> still getting deadlocks (which prevent clients connecting) along with
> the dreaded:

Drat!

I haven't completely given up hope though. With the changes in the
MThread patch we should be fully obeying the Qt restrictions on
QSqlQuery usage. I don't think that could ever be backported to
0.24-fixes. But if it does solve the problem it will give us a
good reason to start stabilizing for a 0.25 release..

-- Daniel