[mythtv-users] ATI Remote Wonder, evdev, xorg.conf, no lirc and button repeat

Michael Lynch lynchmv at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 21:49:07 UTC 2011

So, I've managed to get my ATI Remote Wonder working without lirc as
an input device within my xorg.conf file.  I've also followed and
successfully remapped keys according to
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Remapping_remote_control_key_codes_greater_than_255.
 However, I can not for the life of me figure out how to turn off
button press repeats.  I have tried:

xset r off  (from within my X session)

Option "AutoRepeat" "2000 1"  (to my xorg.conf for the correct
InputDevice section)

both with no apparent effect on the USB remote.  Does anyone have any
other ideas that may help me to get the remote buttons to *not* repeat
when pressed?  If not, any ideas on how to at least make the repeat
rate around once every 2 seconds?