[mythtv-users] UK - eBuyer offer on eMachines SFF, frontend ?

mythtv . mythtv at harley-jones.co.uk
Sat Aug 6 14:01:36 UTC 2011

On 29 July 2011 10:39, Simon Hobson <linux at thehobsons.co.uk> wrote:

> mythtv . wrote:
>
> >I think you will find it will come with a PSU! I'd be seriously
> >worried if it didn't and have bought plenty of stuff from ebuyer in
> >the past.
>
> They have confirmed that it does.
>
> But having said that, I have bought stuff in the past that has come
> without PSU when you might expect it to be included.
> --
> Simon Hobson
>
> Visit http://www.magpiesnestpublishing.co.uk/ for books by acclaimed
> author Gladys Hobson. Novels - poetry - short stories - ideal as
> Christmas stocking fillers. Some available as e-books.

eMachine 1401 u and running in a similar fashion to my Revo 3610:

Combined myth BE/FE with FE switchable via remote between MythFE and XBMC
PS3 BD Remote via Bluetooth dongle
Audio via HDMI
Wireless or wired networking

Only mods required were to blacklist the default driver and use custom
settings in XBMC for the audio (Myth 0.24.x autodetected it just fine)

Details here: http://www.harley-jones.co.uk/?p=135

I actually installed mythbuntu 10.04 first and then upgraded to 10.10 simply
because I had a few issues with 10.10 straight off the disc but I think that
turned out to be something stupid I had done

Martin