[mythtv-users] MySQL related BE deadlocks - collective wisdom needed

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri Aug 5 19:00:57 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-08-05 at 11:19 +0200, Lawrence Rust wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-08-04 at 16:43 -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> > On 11-08-04 04:39 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> > > Thought I'd mention that Daniel K just pushed a change that reworks
> > > reconnections.
> >
> > Indeed.  I saw it already and am drooling over it.  :-)
>
> Unfortunately those commits completely hose LiveTV for me.  See
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9964
>
> Maybe my setup may be problematic - FE & BE on one box but mysql
> (5.1.41) on a separate Ubuntu 10.04 LTS server.

Lawrence, there appears to be an issue with the demo recorder you are
using or the configuration thereof. I've committed something that
should restore the old behaviour in that case, but still print out
an error message so you can still trace the source of the issue.
Basically, the DB schema does not allow for the recorder input to be
NULL, but somehow it is in that insert.

-- Daniel