[mythtv-users] Setup of VOD VLC stream

Stephen Atkins satkins at inetdesign.org
Thu Aug 4 14:01:53 UTC 2011

On 8/3/2011 7:36 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On Wed, 03 Aug 2011 18:30:20 -0600, Stephen Atkins
> <satkins at inetdesign.org>  wrote:
>> On 8/3/2011 5:13 PM, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
>>>

>>> On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 3:59 PM, Stephen Atkins<satkins at inetdesign.org
>>> <mailto:satkins at inetdesign.org>>  wrote:
>>>
>>>      I started playing around with the idea of setting up a video on
>>>      demand
>>>      stream that I can play through myth.  What I was thinking was
>>>      getting it
>>>      so live.twit.tv<http://live.twit.tv>  was a channel in Myth.
>>>

>>> You need to look at the MythNetVision plugin that's part of MythTV.  It
>>> does what you're looking for already I believe
>>>
>>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythNetvision
>>
>> I just looked at that page again as it has been awhile.  Looks like it's
>
>> the same thing as it always was.  MythNetVision is an RSS/Podcast
>> downloader.  That is unless I'm reading it all wrong.  I was thinking
>> more along the lines of streaming the live feed instead of downloading
>> the podcasts.
>
> It can download, or it can stream.  It all depends on how the grabber
> script is configured.  Most are actually set up to stream Flash content.

Thanks for that.  For some reason I never really got the impression from
that page that you could stream if the script was setup that way.  I'll
play around with it and see what I can come up with.

Still if someone knows if its possible to do what I originally was
asking please chime in.

--
Stephen Atkins
VE6CPU/VE6CIC