[mythtv-users] Strange Ceton issues.

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Thu Aug 4 12:49:09 UTC 2011

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 8:37 AM, Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info> wrote:
> Ronald Frazier wrote:
>> both running 64-bit with more than 3 GB of memory
>
> And this is why I still run 32bit.  Everybody keeps saying it's ready
> for prime time, but I am constantly running across posts that say it's not.

That's kind of beside the point. If you are running 32-bit, you're
sort of sidestepping the issue since you can't use more than 3GB of
memory. You may as well just run 64-bit and artificially limit
yourself to installing 3GB of memory.

For my 2 cents, I held off on 64-bit linux for a long time, but just
upgraded all my systems (1 backend, 2 frontends, and a virtual machine
development system) to 64-bit and didn't have any issues. Everything
worked

--
Ron Frazier