[mythtv-users] why was mythweather removed from mythweb?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Wed Aug 3 21:26:03 UTC 2011

On Aug 3, 2011, at 1:33 PM, Dan Littlejohn wrote:

> I'd be willing to fork out for a 12 pack if that could be reconsidered.  One stop shop for music, setting recordings, and weather has been really nice.

Unfortunately not a good incentive, considering the two of us in charge of Mythweb are part owners of a brewery and get pretty much all the free beer we want.  ;)

Honestly, given how little time Rob and I have had available for Mythweb in general (and among half-serious talks of rewriting it in Python so we don't have to maintain a separate set of language bindings), the chances of weather going back into Mythweb are slim to none.  It's just a matter of prioritizing what we spend our time on -- in this case, keeping Mythweb alive at all is more important than making sure Mythweb duplicates 5-10% of the functionality of any other web weather site out there.

-Chris