[mythtv-users] Jamu/MythMetadataLookup using IMDB?

Neil Cooper neilcoo at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 2 20:39:38 UTC 2011

The issue I have is that TMDB only apparently caters to US-made movies, and I (and presumably many other MythTV users) have quite a few movies in my media collection that TVDB/TMDB don't know about (but IMDB does). Even though Jamu reocgnises IMDB numbers, it apparently can't use IMDB for getting actual metadata.

The end result is that even if I provide the correct IMDB number to MythTV/Jamu, it seems to annoyingly do a fuzzy rather than exact match, then uses incorrect metadata from presumably the next closest match. Personally I'd prefer if it just did an exact match or found nothing.

I realise Jamu is about to be replaced in MythTV 0.25, so would it be possible to add support to MythMetadataLookup for optionally using imdb.com as one of its metadata sources?