[mythtv-users] Best all around analog and clear QAM tuner

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 18:24:26 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 11:16 AM, Michael Papet <mpapet at yahoo.com> wrote:

> >I would like the ablity to tune NTSC cable
> >signals as we still get analog cable in our area but also the flexability
> of
> >tuning clear QAM signals also on the cable system.
>
> I can tell you what NOT to get, hauppauge hvr-2250.  No analog (NTSC)
> support in Debian Testing (2.6.39) or Debian Stable.

Then Debian is doing something wrong.  Analog support for that card went
into the vanilla kernel in 2.6.37.   I have one working just fine with a
hand-built kernel/kernel drivers, but the support is there for modern
kernels, and should take no extra work to get going, other than installing
the correct firmware file.