[mythtv-users] MythMetadataLookup questions

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 12:29:51 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 5:26 AM, Kevin Kuphal <kkuphal at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 12:29 AM, Robert McNamara <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>

>> I hope that this reply helps you to understand how you can take
>> advantage of this new functionality when you begin to use it.  I
>> recognize that this involves a potentially significant amount of
>> initial work for users with very active existing setups.  For users
>> with high quality guide data like Schedules Direct, many of these
>> steps can be skipped because the metadata code can make much better
>> assumptions when provided with more accurate and complete data.
>> However, once users settle in to how things work when creating new
>> rules (by opening Metadata Options when setting up a new rule, or
>> doing the equivalent in Mythweb when that part is committed), it will
>> become a part of their muscle memory and they will experience the
>> near-perfect results that I, and my many guinea pigs in writing this
>> code, do.  Moreover, when this becomes a part of released code, new
>> MythTV users will simply understand that if they wish to get artwork,
>> they will need to allow the code to perform a lookup (and assist it
>> when necessary).
>
> Can you advise how to set the inetref on a FindOne recording (of a movie)
> that was recorded prior to 0.25 where the recording rule is no longer
> present?  I have a number of movies as well as holiday specials, children's
> specials, etc that are in my Watch Recordings that are either tied to a
> generic Power Rule or have no rule at all.  Where do I go in MythCenter
> (stock theme) to edit the inetref of an existing recording so that metadata
> can be downloaded.  The metadata editor is great for editing things that we
> are currently recording but I have not been able to find where to populate
> data for existing content like I can with Videos.
> Kevin

Sure-- for recordings which no longer have their rule, you can press
MENU->Recording Options->Change Recording Metadata.

The Season/Episode/Inetref widgets are now required in the resulting
window, you can set it for an individual recording item there (no
automatic lookup takes place in this window).

Robert