[mythtv-users] Upgrade (Debian wheezy/sid using KDE) breaks operating Mythtv-backend installation

M D weworama at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 22:43:21 UTC 2011

>This sounds a lot like the issue that hit GNOME users a while back where
>mythbackend was started before the network was set up (due to GNOME's
>network manager) or the one that hit upstart users where mythbackend was
>started before mysql was started. However, in those cases, mythbackend
>would start just fine once the system was up and running--just wouldn't
>start from the start script on system start. Have you tried just
>starting mythbackend after the system boots (without restarting mysql)?

Thanks

Yes, it does not start.

I may well have a similar issue to the GNOME issue.    (Still ongoing
as I have not had the time to learn enough about the new startup
scripts to fix it elegantly once and for all.)  I normally just start
both mysql and the backend with the scripts after the connection is up
and running.  I was happy when I saw mysql now starting up on boot
after the upgrade, but then saw the Myth did not.  This time, the
mysql needed a "restart" and myth didn't start after the boot without
that "restart".

Thanks for the lead about the gnome, I don't track gnome so I will
check those references out next and maybe some good will come out of
this upgrade, other than the improved software.

Wayne