[mythtv-users] Comcast CableCard Info

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 22:42:43 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 6:33 PM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 6:21 PM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am using the default ip and have the latest firmware's uploaded from
>> that page as well (though I don't know where to check the hardware #
>> but I do see the firmware info).
>
> Well, there goes that theory then. I have no idea what the difference
> would be. Someone else here accomplished it under linux, and they were
> a comcast customer. I can't find any other common factors that would
> be responsible.
>
> It might not hurt to give ceton support an email and see if they've
> got any suggestions

excellent idea, I just submitted a support ticket with Ceton, we'll
see what they say. I'll keep the list updated.

Hopefully the Comcast support guy, who knows of the Ceton card and was
fine with me using linux, except for that he did not know the setup
procedure in linux, can figure things out.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!