[mythtv-users] Backend setup for win-hvr-950Q

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 22:10:32 UTC 2011

>On 08/01/2011 12:13 PM, Bill Meek wrote:
> > If the backend isn't stopped, then in Capture Card Setup,
> > Frontend ID: shows "ERROR" rather than "Auvitek AU8522 QAM".
> >
> > I'm still trying to figure this out, but the default "killall
> > mythbackend" may not play well with upstart.

Replying to myself. To solve the issue of mythbackend not stopping
when told to by mythtv-setup (in ubuntu:)

In mythtv-setup, 1. General, 7th page, Backend Control, Backend stop
command, changed to sudo stop mythtv-backend.

Same page, Backend start command: sudo start mythtv-backend.

And did: sudo visudo -f /etc/sudoers.d/mythtv
adding;

User_Alias MYTHTV_USERS = bill, mythtv

Cmnd_Alias MYTHTV_COMMANDS =    \
    /sbin/stop mythtv-backend,  \
    /sbin/start mythtv-backend

MYTHTV_USERS ALL=NOPASSWD: MYTHTV_COMMANDS

(This isn't unique to the HVR-950Q.)