[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend doesn't update database to new schema

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Aug 1 19:44:28 UTC 2011

On 08/01/2011 02:53 PM, James Pifer wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-08-01 at 14:01 -0400, James Pifer wrote:
>> On Mon, 2011-08-01 at 10:09 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>> James, from the limited information here, it sounds like mythfrontend is
>>> unable to connect to mythbackend, so it actually exits with error before
>>> it gets around to updating the plugin schemas.  If you could post the
>>> full (uncut) log output of an attempt to run mythfrontend (here or to a
>>> pastebin), I can look it over and see if it provides more information.
>>>
>>> Oh, and just because they're the first few items on the support team
>>> checklist ;), are you sure a) that mythbackend is running properly, b)
>>> that you've properly set the IP address for the master backend, and c)
>>> that your config.xml and mysql.txt files are all correct (regardless of
>>> where on the system they're located)?
>> Thanks for the response, I appreciate the help! Apparently I have a
>> table missing?
> I found one of your previous fixes for this and it worked. In case
> anyone else finds this thread, just google for:
>
> Table 'mythconverg.videocountry' doesn't exist

Ah, yeah, I'm sure you mean:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/407793#407793

And, thanks for the reminder...  I need to tell people to /never/ do
that with versions > 0.24.

In this case, though, since you're running MythTV 0.24.x, it was the
right approach to fix the problem.  Glad you figured it out.

Mike