[mythtv-users] Logitech Revue (Google TV) is now $99 and will run Honeycomb, any good?

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 17:08:34 UTC 2011

Engadget over the weekend posted that Logitech has slashed the price on the
$299 Logitech Revue GoogleTV STB to $99. They also mentioned that you can
install Android 3 "Honeycomb" on the device without much hassle. Is this of
any use as a MythTV FE? The specs are very netbook-esque: embedded 1.2GHz
Intel Atom CE4150, 1GB of RAM and a total of 5GB of flash memory. So far I
can't find out what GPU they're using to get 1080p output. A very nice
QWERTY wireless keyboard is included as well.

>From what I've read so far, the box won't play native MythTV recordings with
its built-in codecs, and I haven't seen any FEs for Honeycomb. Is there
anything in the pipeline that might make this a worthy $99 FE, or should I
just move on? :-)